16 April 2008

Revision 1

It is just barely the next business day, but already I think I have to revise my rules.

Concerts:
1. I am not going to count mega-shows the same way I am counting the rest. If I go to events like Ozzfest, Bonnaroo, or the Warped Tour, I will have to revise my counting method. These events, although brilliant, will make me feel like I have cheated in some way, and you know how I am with the Catholic guilt.

2. I have decided to count opening acts and shows with multiple bands not as full 'shows' but as partial events. Openers will count as 1/2 a show, and I will count each act as 1/2 a show in events with multiple acts. Otherwise, one trip to Arlene's and I could have four or five shows down in a go.

Burlesque:
1. While the women and men of the burlesque community deserve each of their performances to count as 100 shows, I will be counting burlesque events as only 1 'show' each.


I know that this isn't the world's most impressive undertaking. I know that it isn't impossible, and I am sure that there are many people who could do it in less time. For me, working two jobs with long hours, having a Smother*, wanting to maintain friendships, and having other obligations makes for a hectic life already, so this will be an interesting adventure.

*Smother is a term an old friend used to describe my mom. It is a combination of 'smother' and 'mother'. Sorry mom.

No comments: