15 April 2008

1 - Dana Fuchs

The first concert in the series.

Dana Fuchs
Highline Ballroom
12 April 2008, 20:00


I don't think it is possible to squeeze more sex appeal into one performer. This woman oozes it...well, her and her infinitely long legs and her fabulously wild hair. The concert was incredible. She opened with Love to Beg followed by most of the tracks from her Lonely for a Lifetime album, plus a rousing rendition of Lovelight and an encore of Helter Skelter. The concert was made even better by the company, so thanks to Sharon, Warren, Jillian, Dan and Robert for accompanying me and starting off the 100 in 6 undertaking.

I saw her perform live for the first time at the Fest for Beatles Fans in March, but I knew her name from her performance in "Across the Universe" and in the off-Broadway hit "Love, Janis." For the record, I have had her album on repeat since Saturday. This show was an excellent way to start my journey.


That is 1 down and 99 to go. Keep posted. This might get a little crazy.



Photo courtesy of Robert D'Elia...and his press pass.

3 comments:

Far Flung Flavor said...

Wow! What a serious undertaking!! I can help you out...

:) A

Anonymous said...

Love the endeavor and can't wait to join! Just a thought -- weren't there opening acts at this concert that you can count in your 100? And, you can always crash with me if you lose your apartment ;) besos!

Anonymous said...

I never saw this shot look so god..did you do something to it? And who are you??

Robert D'Elia