21 June 2008

37 - Warm July

Warm July
Kenny's Castaways
20 June 2008, 2000

Warm July is a perfect summer band. The duo-female lead vocals of Kristyl Sisko and Jeannie Tamariz make you want to grab a drink, sit back, tap your foot, nod your head and enjoy a nice summer evening. I would love to hear them play outside at some sort of summer festival because I think that their music would appeal to the masses. It's the type of music that makes you happy to be out socializing. Warm July is easy to listen to and, save for the rare cover song, entirely original. They put me in a good mood and make me happy that it is summertime in New York. The guitar is covered by Joe Maniscalco, Jerry Jaworski takes care of the drums and Jack Betz handles bass guitar. Give them a listen...perhaps it will motivate them to add some more songs to their Myspace profile and perform more often.

I know about Warm July because I happen to work with Jeannie at the lab. It is always interesting when you see the quiet, head in the books, research scientist normally surrounded by data behind a microphone in a darkly lit bar belting out good ole rock n' roll. Heh.

100 in 6 budget: $501



No comments: