03 June 2008

25 - Me of Little Faith

Lewis Black book signing for Me of Little Faith
Barnes and Noble - Union Square
03 June 2008, 1900

Going to a book signing for Lewis Black is like going to see a stand-up comedy act and having the price of admission be a book. After affirming that he could use some of his favorite expletives, he absolutely killed. He is definitely one of my favorite comedians. His last book, "Nothing's Sacred," was on the New York Times bestseller list. His latest, "Me of Little Faith," tackles his thoughts on organized religion and his tribulations trying to understand and decipher several of them. I arrived early and was able to plow through the first 65 pages or so while I waited for the guest of honor to take the podium. Barnes and Noble has clearly played this game before because the event was run like a finely tuned machine. Cheers to them for getting the hordes through the assembly line in a timely fashion.

Clearly I am not a writer, but I am even less so a book reviewer, so I will leave that task for the New York Times. "Me of Little Faith" hit the shelves today. For a good chuckle, go buy it.

100 in 6 incidentals budget: $225



No comments: