02 June 2008

24 - New England Aquarium

New England Aquarium
Boston, MA
31 May 2008

I had some time to kill while I was waiting for Meghan to pick me up from South Station, so I decided to take a walk over to the aquarium to look at some fish. I find fish very relaxing. Last summer I worked at a bar next to the aquarium, and I still have to laugh when I see the placement of the aquarium directly across from a Legal Seafoods restaurant. I wonder if instead of menus the restaurant just gives you a map of the aquarium and you can circle the tank from which you would like them to catch your dinner. That is just so silly. Anyway, so I went into the aquarium and I took home two very important points. First, a visit to a family friendly place like the aquarium on a Saturday in the summer is a great method of birth control. Holy shit, I never want to have kids. Second, women of childbearing age should not eat fish ever. There was a display regarding the types of fish that have higher levels of mercury and the people who should not be consuming the fish because there is a health risk. Every single placard listed women of childbearing age as being at risk. So basically, if you are a woman between the ages of 16 and 50, you shouldn't be eating fish. I ate tuna today.

Oh I almost forgot, penguins are the most adorable creatures on the planet.

100 in 6 budget: $246






No comments: