05 June 2008

26 - Josh Dion Band

Josh Dion Band
Bitter End
04 June 2008, 2100

A fantastic repeat performance (I saw these guys at the Highline for my 9th show on May 2nd). I might even make a third performance of theirs since they are playing every Wednesday in June at the Bitter End and they are, without doubt, a fun time.

I erred in my last post about them though. Apparently, there are really only five members of the band full time: Josh Dion on drums and lead vocals, Daniel Hindman on guitar, Sarah Versprille on percussion and vocals, Brian Killeen on bass, and Pat Firth on piano and keys. The Civil Salvation Horns line-up was just there for the cd release party at the Highline.

I picked up a copy of their new cd, "Anthems For The Long Distance" at the show and have been enjoying it all day. All of the songs on the album are original creations mostly penned by Dion and Hindman; really fantastic too, if you ask me. Give them a listen and come join me at the Bitter End next time. Thanks to Michael for watching me stuff my face with Korean food, listening to me sing the same line over and over again, and staying awake (for the most part) during the show.

100 in 6 budget: $256


"I'll be your teacher. I'll be your first summer's kiss. You will remember this. We're just runaways in the hurricane. I'll catch you when you fall. I'll be your pilot, now." -Dion/Hindman (well...that is how I heard the lyrics anyway...I could be wrong)

No comments: