19 October 2008

98 - CFA IAMS Cat Show

CFA IAMS Cat Show
Madison Square Garden
18 October 2008



The Cat Fancier's Association and IAMS pet food joined together for the 6th annual CFA-IAMS Cat Championship show at Madison Square Garden. I like cats well enough. I don't own a cat nor do I want to, but I firmly believe that they are lovely animals and make wonderful companions. If I am not a cat-fanatic then how did I end up at the cat show? Well, I happen to know someone who is without doubt a cat person and is well on her way to becoming a veritable 'cat lady'. We started our feline journey at the adoption center browsing the hundreds of cats and kittens that are looking for good homes. The collection of cats that were available for adoption were left behind when their owners had to move, strays that were rescued from the streets, injured and rehabilitated cats, and unexpected litters. As we strolled around amongst the cat fanciers, I entertained myself by renaming every cat we saw. My favorites were deemed 'Donut', 'Pumpkinhead', 'Luca Brasi', and 'Pastrami on Rye'. For the record, the volunteers at most of the shelters did not find me humorous. Their loss.

After our sojourn through the adoption area, we entered the hallowed halls of the cat judging area. There were agility contests, awards for the best of a particular breed, and the much coveted Best of the Best award. After a few hours, we were all cat-ed out. Although I will probably not be returning to the cat show in the future, it certainly made for an interesting afternoon.

100 in 6 budget: $1293



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! I think you're very humorous!