03 October 2008

89 - Pinchbottom - Devilish

Pinchbottom - Devilish
Corio
01 October 2008

What a fantastic way to begin my favorite month and time of year! Pinchbottom was as sinful, seductive and salacious as ever with their new endeavor, Devilish. Devilish casts Mayor of Burlesque, Jonny Porkpie (who, term limits be damned, should definitely run for a third), as a somewhat innocent mortal who signs a deal with the foxiest devil I have ever seen, Nasty Canasta. If Devilish is any reflection of what the proper Hell is like, then save me a seat and declare me a sinner! The show took us through the nuances of entering into a contractual agreement with an evil deity through performances by Gal Friday, Ms Tickle, Precious Little, and Albert Cadabra. The highlight of the evening in my opinion was a new, delightfully sultry number by Miss Precious Little. In fact, the new number was so delightfully sultry that I think I blushed a bit.

Corio is a beautiful venue filled with green velvety couches, low set black and chrome tables, black and white kitschy wallpaper, exposed brick, and heavy velvet curtains. Although not a great venue if you are going to have the place packed wall to wall with standing room only, but certainly aces for an intimate crowd of revelers.

Don't miss Pinchbottom at Spiegelworld on October 18th presenting Pretencion!


No comments: