08 September 2008

75 - Daylight Blues Band

Daylight Blues Band
Battery Gardens
08 September 2008

This show happened on accident. I was just getting to Battery Park to take a walking tour (event #76) when I heard a delightful sound emanating from the waterfront. The bluesy vocals of Bobby Day and the Daylight Blues Band was just getting started at Battery Gardens, a restaurant just west of the Staten Island Ferry terminal. Battery Gardens restaurant has a delicious view of the waterfront and hosts Blue Mondays all summer long with the Daylight Blues Band. This was a perfect way to start my walking tour because the band put a groove in my head and gave me a nice leisurely beat to stroll along to. The Daylight Blues Band is: Bobby Day - Bass/Vocals, Mark Shields - Guitar/Vocals, David Bennett Cohen - Piano/Vocals, and Glen Bob Allen - Drums/ Vocals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And they're singing about Chicago to boot!

hugs!
V